I suggest you ...

Enable compatibility between versions

I am not entirerly sure but it seems that if i change a setting in an application in windows 10 1511 and then open that application in windows 10 1607, the changes are discarded as the local cache has an attribute called "Install timestamp" and the files from 1507 does not.

The other way (1607 -> 1511) works perfectly.

This might not be the biggest deal because everyone will eventually be at the latest version but in the transition this will have a big impact on my organisation.

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Robert J. shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Robert J. commented  · 

I have UE-V enabled and if i logout / restart and then login and run the application it has the new settings.

If i run the application prior to that the local cache is used and running the application on 1511 again will have the old settings from 1607.

• Lakshmi Kiranmayi Yeddanapudi commented  · 

Hi Robert, I just verified with office 2016 and notepad applications.
        I have a 1511 machine changed some settings. Logged in to 1607 and saw that they are applied.

It is recommended (though no way mandated) to set the settings storage location before enabling ue-v. Note that on 1607 you have to restart the machine after enabling UE-V.

If there is any specific application that you are looking at please let me know.
        BTW, I noticed that there is a couple of seconds delay before the settings are downloaded onto the machine and applied. So in cases where you launch app even before the settings were downloaded onto the machine, there is a chance you loose your settings.

Feedback and Knowledge Base